Sunday, May 1, 2011

French Toast

I don't think this counts as a meal, but I've always wanted to make French Toast!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
3 eggs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp white sugar
12 thick slices bread


The first step is to measure the flour into a large mixing bowl.  Slowly whisk in the milk.  Whisk in teh salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth.


After, heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
Soak the bread slices in mixture until saturated.  



Cook bread on each side until golden brown.  Serve hot.




Nutritional Information:
Amount Per Serving  Calories: 123 | Total Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 55mg


Since I usually eat peanut butter toast and multigrain cheerios for breakfast, french toast was a nice change.  I thought the recipe for the french toast I made was pretty good (not like I had any other recipes to compare it too).  The french toast didn't seem soggy, and the taste of it resembled cinnamon bread (which I have a strong liking for).

If I do make french toast in the near future (which is very likely), I would try to somehow enhance the flavor of the cinnamon.  To achieve this, I will try to saturate the bread, sprinkle the cinnamon, and then put it on the frying pan (cinnamon side down).  After the first side is thoroughly cooked, I could sprinkle and cook the other side.
Another suggestion I would make is to sprinkle powdered sugar on it or top the french toast off with something fancy ... like bananas or strawberries.  I don't know.  Maybe the fruit wouldn't work really good, but it seems like they would from looking at this of another attempt at making french toast.




No comments:

Post a Comment